According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), a burglar strikes every 25.7 seconds in the U.S. Not only this, but the average loss from burglary is $2,799. Yet, only 17% of houses in the country have a professional home security system.
The current scenario calls for a serious change in our security habits. Therefore, ensure you install security cameras, video doorbells, alarm verification systems, and other home security devices to monitor your home while you are inside or away.
Why Your Family Should Consider a Professional Home Security System
Today’s professional home security systems are leveraging technology more than ever. Moreover, homeowners are willing to pay more for a smart home security system. According to a PWC report, 75% of consumers are ready to pay more for smart home security features for added safety and security of their homes.
Here are 6 trending home security technological advances:
- Sensor technology
Most of the professional home security systems are using sensor technology to keep homes safe. Passive infrared sensors, tomographic motion detectors, and ultrasonic motion detectors are some of the most widely used sensors in modern home security systems. To ensure maximum security, home security companies use a mix of different types of sensors. Audio and vibration sensors can also help a great deal in reducing false alarms. Today’s modern home security systems can distinguish between environmental noises and keep a check on false alarms.
- Wireless technology
Wireless home security systems are less expensive and easier to install as compared to wired systems. Not only this but they also help in detecting security issues with their exact locations and are just as reliable.
- Leakage Detection and Furnace Failure Alarm
Burglars and fires are not the only two problems that can damage your home. Many modern home security systems are also designed to detect leakages and furnace failures. A professional home security system with leakage and furnace failure detection technology can alert you in case of water pipe damage, frozen pipes, furnace leakage, and so on.
- Smartphone Apps
Thanks to the recent home security technological advances, you no longer need to carry different devices to monitor your home. All modern home security systems allow you to monitor your home using smartphone apps. Not only this but you can also manage your security cameras, control the lighting, and do a lot more with the smartphone apps.
- High-Powered Infrared LED
The night vision feature in most of the security cameras does not produce clear footage, making it difficult to assess nearby surroundings during nighttime. You can pair high-powered infrared LED lights with security cameras to enhance the quality of footage produced, especially at night.
- Facial Recognition Technology
Video cameras now come with facial recognition technology to identify potential threats. Video doorbells are a great example of facial recognition technology in a professional home security system.
Home Security Concerns for All Types of Families
Whether you are an elaborate family with kids or a couple with a pet cat or dog, home security should be your top priority. From preventing break-ins to alerting the concerned authorities in the case of a fire, a professional home security system can protect your family in every possible way. Here are some reasons why you should invest in a good-quality professional home security system:
- To protect your home, family, and valuables from potential break-ins and thefts
- To prevent fire-related accidents (nearly 4,000 Americans die in a fire every year and 2,000 are severely injured)
- To manage your home’s electricity consumption
- To keep your homeowners’ insurance premium low
- To detect the leakage of harmful gases, such as carbon monoxide
- To remotely monitor both indoor and outdoor areas when you are traveling
- To transform your home into a “smart home” by installing smart cameras, smart door locks, video doorbells, and so on
- To protect your pets when you are not around
- To increase the value of your home if you are planning to sell it anytime soon (40% of realtors believe that homes with professional security systems sell faster, regardless of the price)
Easy Home Security for Busy People
With more and more organizations shifting to remote work due to COVID-19, people are busier than ever, especially those with kids. Are you one of them? Are you short on time to think about home security in the current scenario? Well, don’t worry; we’ve got you covered.
With a busy schedule, it’s normal to forget locking the door or setting the security alarm. Nevertheless, with intelligent home security reminders, you can rest assured that your home is safe. Most professional smart home security systems comprise smartphone apps that allow you to set reminders and share notifications with all the family members. The sensor technology used in modern home security systems can alert you about an unlocked door or malfunctioned security camera. By merely pressing a button on the smartphone app, you can lock the door when you are not around. No more hiding keys here and there to protect your home from burglars!
Smart Video Surveillance
Whether you are in your home-office or out to buy groceries, you can monitor your kids using smart video surveillance devices. A home security system with 24×7 video surveillance provides a layer of protection and adds reassurance even when busy parents are away from their kids.
New Crime Statistics You Must Know
By now, you probably already know why it is important to install a professional home security system. Here are some latest crime statistics to help you understand why you must get one immediately:
- 77% of crimes committed in the U.S. take place in the property
- The three popular property crimes are burglary, theft, and vehicle theft
- There are 2.5 million burglaries each year; 66% of them are home break-ins
- 65% of burglaries happen between 10 A.M. and 3 P.M.
- Burglaries amount to $3.1 billion in losses every year
- On average, a burglary takes place every 18 seconds
- It is projected that in the next 20 years, homes without a professional home security system will be broken into
- 28% of burglaries occur with people in the house
- Burglars typically choose homes with air conditioners and windows
- 34% of burglars enter through the front door
- 23% of burglars enter through the windows
- Single-family or detached homes are the most likely target for burglars
- Homes in the center of a block are more likely to be burglarized than homes in the corner
- Homes without professional home security systems are three times more vulnerable to burglary than homes with professional home security systems
- Burglars and thieves avoid homes with alarm signs even if they do not know if the home is actually alarmed.
At ProTech Security, we have a strong history of experience, innovation, and customer service. The ProTech Security Advantage is more than 35 years of service in Northeast Ohio and a strong commitment to providing quality, cost-effective protection for homes, businesses, educational institutions, and government facilities. To see what ProTech Security can do for you, contact us today.