A smart home security system is useless without around the clock smart home security monitoring. Although many unmonitored smart home security systems are less expensive than monitored smart home security systems, they are not equipped to respond to emergencies. 24/7 monitoring by professionals is an essential aspect of home security.
What is a Centrally Monitored Smart Home Security System?
Almost all reputed smart home security system brands include monitoring by a central monitoring hub, but, what is its function?
The central monitoring system operates 24/7. It receives security threat alarms and notifications and sends the message to the respective authorities for urgent action. Central monitoring hubs efficiently and quickly pick up burglaries, home invasions, fire, natural disasters, and more, and dispatch the related authorities immediately. Additional features, such as text messages and situation reports, are also available.
On average, it takes approximately 18 minutes for the law enforcement personnel to respond. When it comes to monitoring burglary, home invasion, or a fire, you need a local smart home security monitoring provider to guard your home 24×7. ProTech Security has partnered with Rapid Response Monitoring for central station monitoring services around the clock.
Smart Home Security Monitoring is Hassle-Free
One of the key advantages of monitoring is that you don’t need to monitor the systems when you’re on a business trip or vacation. A dedicated team of monitoring professionals will keep your home safe. So, smart home security monitoring is not only about practicality but also comfort. Irrespective of the date or time, you can feel safer because of the fact that trained security monitoring professionals are watching over your smart home security system.
The Importance of Monitoring
A good quality monitoring system is the key to a safe home. And, we have some interesting statistics to prove that.
- Homes with smart home security monitoring are 2.2 times less likely to be invaded or burglarized.
- 85% of police personnel recommend the installation of monitored home security systems.
- Police are able to solve approximately 13% of burglary cases only due to a lack of witnesses or physical evidence.
Problems with Self-Monitored Systems
If you’re planning to skip monitoring services and get security systems with loud alarms instead, make sure you consider the problems with self-monitored smart home security systems:
- False security alarms can cost you a fortune.
- Internet and power outage can also force your self-monitored security systems to go offline. Professionally installed smart home security systems come with dual communication paths, such as internet with cell backup. In the event your network goes down, your system communicated via cellular connection and you have no interruption in service.
- If you have motion sensor cameras, pets can trigger false alarms.
Insurance Companies Provide Special Discounts for Monitored Systems
Apart from safety, there’s another interesting perk that comes with a monitored home security system, i.e., special discounts on home insurance. Many reputed home insurance companies provide homeowners with lucrative deals for installing a monitored smart home security system as they realize the extent of protection it can offer.
At ProTech Security, we have a strong history of experience, innovation, and customer service. The ProTech Security Advantage is more than 35 years of service in Northeast Ohio and a strong commitment to providing quality, cost-effective protection for homes, businesses, educational institutions, and government facilities. To see what ProTech Security can do for you, contact us today.